Well, there's been a lot of confusion around about my summer plans, so let me state for the record that I do NOT have secret plans to go to Thailand with Brynna (although I'm sure she's a wonderful person :).
Instead, I'll be in Europe, first in Paris for a few weeks (starting June 7th) with Agata and then most likely in Berlin for 6 weeks, from the first week of July until mid-August. Then I'll hang out in Poland for a bit before flying home around the 1st of September.
After that I have 13 days until Agata flies into Seattle, and I think it would be really fun to do a backpacking trip with my brohas and pappy and anyone else who could. The earliest I could come back would be the last few days of August, and I'd have to head back up to Seattle a day or two before the 13th; I'm willing to do anything, a long hike or just an extended weekender (I think that's Labor Day weekend, now?) within that period. I don't know what the weather is like and what places would be good to go to, but I bet we could find something fun.
Anywho, let me know what y'all think and if you'll have time. I'm going to buy my ticket in the next week or so, and will probably get it for Sept 1st unless there's a reason to come a few days earlier. I know everybody's busy (me included); Dad, if all else can't, would you be up to trouncing around in the woods just the two of us?
At any rate, I'm very determined to do something, as I don't really know where I'll be in the coming summers and when will be the next time I'll be able to enjoy a romp in the Rugged West.
11 comments:
Sounds good to me, and I don't think I'm even going, unless you go to Capital Reef and do day hikes.
I'm already over the Brynna/Travis thing.
The Brynna/Travis thing goes over my head. Count me in for the backpack! There are all sorts of things that we could do! Probably still OK for a hike in the Uintas. Coyote Gulch. Grand Gulch (with all the Anasazi ruins). Dark Canyon.
Man I would love to do a little good ole backpacking with you all. Not quite sure yet how I could make it work with time off, but maybe I can work something out. Would doing something in Washington be a possibility, or are you looking to enjoy some time in the Utah territory?
I think Washington works fine! I am definitely in.
I want in to.
I have four "summer fridays" that I can take between memorial day and labor day. They are just floating days off that don't count as my vacation time. So I could take the friday before Labor Day off and then have that Monday (labor day) off as well. So we could do somethng from Thursday night until Monday if we wanted too. A Windrivers hike or Uintah hike would be awesome. I am also down with a Washignton hike, though I think it might be more difficult...
all these options sound superb! I can do either washington or utah. I can probably wait to buy my ticket until after the wedding but no later -- and we'll all probably be pretty busy that week, so lets keep bouncing around ideas until then.
I'm think, why not do a Utah Hike and a Washington hike? Travis would have to fly into Utah then drive to Washington, (with Mom co-pilot). Of course, I think the bros all want to be there at once. Just an idea....
It sounds to me like the Utah option is the one to go with. That will include the most people and be nostalgic at the same time. If we time it like Tommy said to do Friday-Monday Labor day weekend, then I might be able to squeak in with minimal days off.
Utah it is then. Over labor day would be ideal for me too.
Post a Comment