FEb. 17, 2009
Hello family wherever you are! It rained all night here and now is starting to snow. Yup, it's icy. Also, I guess there is a sun behind the clouds. Mostly it's dim and gray, which has really worked for me with the eyes. This was a perfect time of the year for prk lasik. I don't like bright sunlight. Every day is a little better, which is now in degrees of perfection. I can read, drive, basically see (sometimes a little double...) but it should keep improving maybe even for six months. Couldn't have done it without Dennis' help.
Alex went to St. George for the long weekend with mission friends. He has a companion from St. George. Danny and Jenni and the Mike Families went to Granny's for the weekend. I'm sure they had a great time. I know Gpa and Gma were excited they were coming. Tommy and his friends came up Sunday. We had fun (well, I did.) They are charming and entertaining (and hungry). We skyped with Travis and Agata. They were recovering from a spontaneous party at their place the night before. I want to hear more about that. Agata is getting ready for a craft fair in March. She is going to try to sell a variety of things. I wish I could come. Tyler and Dawn and Laurel are going to St. George with us the very last weekend in February (it involves the 28th). We are meeting Dawn's folks there. They haven't seen Laurel since she was born. All of us are looking forward to going south and having some fun. It will be nice to take a road trip with them.
Tyler and Dawn are getting married on May 23 (Saturday.) Alex will be in Thailand and it now looks like Tommy will be in NYC doing his internship. Everybody try to come who can!!! I can't fully explain how busy Dawn is. The date might not be the most convenient, but we keep moving forward in the plans. Let us know what your plans are to come and if you need any help (or advice.) We have plenty of room here, and I would love people to come early to help plan and party. I'm thinking this reception needs a program, even a simple one. I'm hoping Dawn and Tyler agree. There is a sound system there, and Travis mentioned dancing. Dawn wants me to make chicken curry and lemon rice (we'll see how that goes.)
We are going to Seattle on the Thursday in March around the 13th. (I guess I could look at the calendar.) Travis and Agata aren't going on a Spring Break trip, but if it's still possible for the Seattle families, we will still come on those reservations. We need to play with blocks with Oli and Jak.
We watched two excellent movies this weekend (Happy Valentine's Day!). Spiderwick Chronicles and Stranger Than Fiction with Will Ferrell. I think Stranger Than Fiction is one of my top five movies I've ever seen. After majoring in writing and working in the English Department, it made me laugh in many layers. (my professors would have zapped that last sentence.) Spiderwick Chronicles was well-done, intense and weird, then suddenly ended, but the ending was lovely. I felt like I needed another hour of it, but I would recommend it. (not for Jak.)
I miss all of you. I hope all is well and you are having a great time.
Love, Mom
1 comment:
We can't wait for yo to come up to Seattle! We should start planning fun stuff to do--and of course there are always the blocks.
We will definitely be there for the wedding--can't wait!
Jenni
Post a Comment