Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Web Site

Hello famille! Its been an extremely long time since I posted here. Many apologies. I do read it and enjoy hearing from those that do occasionally post.

Seattle blossomed unexpectedly the last two weeks of February; a long bout of sunshine and warm weather apparently convinced the plants to come alive. Now the rains are back again and its cold, so I hope they will survive. It makes the rain much less dreary though. My studies are plodding along, Im trying to balance the realities of my time, energy, and motivation with the demands of research. Ive also been tutoring a lot, which is a nice change of pace and rather lucrative, though it does make me feel much busier.

But with the money weve been able to save, well be able to do something really cool: were going to Mexico! Agata's best friends from Poland are going to be there for a month on a vacation and we will be flying down for 9 days to travel with them in April, along with one of our Polish friends from Seattle. We are extremely thrilled. Well be flying into Mexico City then winding our way to fly out of Cancun. Well be gone from April 4 to April 14.

Ive been screwing around on the web and recently made a website out of one of my class papers. Check it out at http://students.washington.edu/currit/

3 comments:

jo said...

Look at all of the camelia trees in bloom for me. Coming from where I do, their waxy blooms seem so unreal, but they are very common there.

Mexico! And you thought you had stomach trouble.....You might want to call the doctor's office first. It's a good idea.

agata said...

hahaha ( it's Agata) I love this comment above, you hit the spot Jolene about Travis' tummy problems.

jo said...

Great website. I miss talking to you about your papers. I especially like the conclusion and the background of endless apartments. Did Jenni tell you her story about the fire in the Russian apartment building? The social differences pointed out in your paper are very interesting. (between U.S. projects and communist housing)