Search This Blog

Monday, March 10, 2008

Happy Birthday Agata!

March 10---what a nice day for a birthday. On my calendar it says that today Lent begins, and it's Commonwealth day. And Agata's birthday. Jenni said Agata and Travis were working very hard. I wish we were there to make a special dinner and have a party. We love you, Agata, and hope you are happy and well. We look forward to seeing you in a couple of weeks.

It was so fun to have Danny here and Tommy. We did have a run to Instacare for Tommy's foot. But his Ultimate team won every game at the U of U in the tournament. Sunday morning he couldn't walk, and by evening he was doing quite a bit better. It's pretty sickening the way it got crunched.

We saw Tyler at home and then Dawn at the Gateway. Okay, I've never paid much attention to Gateway. It's huge! And it was full of people. But the stores are pretty much the same old mall shops. We had hot chocolate (Dawn's treat) and looked through books. Tyler and Dawn have been painting their apartment. It looks so good. The colors are great and really suit the old house with wood floors. We also went to Jason Sandal's wedding. We visited with Jeffer Hunt and his wife, Joni (the cakemaker). It was fun. Jason's wife, Stefanie, was still laughing about the cake. She is definitely in my Hall of Fame. She has a cute smile and seems like a happy person. Danny's "mean story" doesn't involve monsters. It's all about a foot massage pillow.

Jak is into telling "mean stories". I think adults do that all of the time. Only his are about tigers and bears and eagles instead of store clerks, neighbors, other drivers, and bosses. This is a game I could really get into. He better not outgrow it before I see him.

We enjoy seeing all of you and talking to you on the phone. In the meantime, life is good, what with working on the house (the project that doesn't seem to end) reading good books, visiting with friends, (what do we do now that Spring is coming??? Outside projects!) anyway. Thanks for all of the good visits and fun. Thanks for living through it and surviving, sharing your stories with us. We love you!

Alex writes tomorrow night!

Happy Birthday, Agata. We're glad you're here.

2 comments:

agata said...

Thank you Jolene and Dennis you should check your e mail.

Danny said...

Hopefully Jak will be telling "mean stories" for a long time. I have a feeling we are only at the beginning of this phase. Oliver, on the other hand, may not be crawling much longer. He is already taking random steps. I give him a few more weeks and we'll have a walker. He's so curious and active--he'll love walking.
By the way--I never commented on those incredibly good looking pictures of Danny you posted on his birthday. Thanks!