Dec. 18, 2007
Merry Christmas dear family! It's not worth watching the intermountain weather report as the time draws near for Danny's subaru to leave Seattle. It seems like three storms are due and the times keep shifting from tonight through Thursday night. I think there's a chance the roads might be drier on Friday. Let's hope. The storms are coming from the Northwest.
Alex writes tonight. (tomorrow his time.) He is a very busy missionary!! His dedication to the Lord and missionary work really lifts up my heart regularly. We love him and pray for him.
Speaking of intermountain, our new hospital is called, so far, Intermountain Medical Center. It's huge, too huge to staff. I wish they had kept the old Cottonwood Hospital name. But this does indicate that trauma will be arriving from all over the west. Why did I tell you that? Because after talking to Allison Birrenkott recently who was in a car accident and treated at U of U (poorly) I wanted to know the name of our new hospital. So I'm passing it on. (My visiting teacher told me. She's a nurse there. She said they are still arguing about the name. Some people call it the Deathstar, because it is so big and took so long to finish.)
This started out to be a Christmas letter. I watched Bing Crosby in White Christmas recently. It was so fine. But it's not really called that. oh well. The name and the plot aren't important. It's all about singing and dancing.
Sunday was fun. We have been building fires in our fireplace. We also watched a Christmas show with Tommy. He seems to be taking finals and projects in stride.
When I worry I make bread. It's hard to worry and make bread. It feels right to have a freezer full of whole wheat bread. I might be warning you. You'll be eating bread.
I listened to a saved phone message from Tyler tonight. He called and left a message on my birthday. It's so good to have him here this Christmas. We love you all and are grateful for your efforts to be with us. Agata is such a good sport to join in our noisy gatherings. I will always remember the Christmas program you all put on for us at Thanksgiving. Each of you add so much to our lives.
Travel safely, everyone. And Agata, please come back!
No comments:
Post a Comment