Sounds like everyone had a big weekend. We went to the Timpanogas Storytelling Festival three days in a row, did projects around the house in between until we could hardly move. Agata has arrived in Seattle and has already met most of the available family. We look forward to seeing her Tuesday night.
Tommy came home today for dinner. He has had the flu for a week and was very careful about what he ate. (but he managed to eat a lot of Princess Pasta.) He climbed Mt. Timpanogos (I'm going to check the spelling on that) on Friday, when the flu hit again. I guess he had a miserable hike down. He and his friends basically needed enough water (which they didn't have) to drink almost all of the time. It's so hot here. I realize now how much we depend on weather changes. We haven't had too many since May: just unrelenting heat. Today in church Sis. Griffiths talked about how amazed she was that her peaches ripened in this heat, instead of just cooking on the trees. I'm amazed, too. Our garden has been very good to us this year. The amazing part is that it didn't just wilt and die. Now the big leaves shade the ground, and it doesn't need so much water.
Alex will probably get transferred this week. If he can get to a computer, he will write Tuesday night. It will be good to hear from him.
BYU starts for Tommy this week. Grandma's birthday is Tuesday. Jenni's birthday is the 15th of Sept. I always have trouble remembering birthdays in Sept. Summer burnout.
Dad bought a CD of bluegrass music at the festival. I'm sure he will share it with you if you are interested. I really like it, too.
Well, good night to all. We love you.
Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment