Search This Blog

Friday, December 18, 2015

Almost Christmas

December 18, 2015

Hi Family,

One week until Christmas.  Hope you are ready and having fun.  Dad and I are feeling a lot better.  We had the plague for three weeks.  We still feel tired and cough a little, but so much better.  Sorry for not calling.  I had laryngitis all last week.  Silence worked for me. 

We heard from Tyler yesterday that Lilah was named Student of the Trimester at school.  Laurel was given the citizenship award for her grade.  They both are delightful and apparently the school realizes that. We love those girls.

I did send some presents your way from Amazon.  Parcel them out as you will.  It was hard to think while feeling so crappy.  I hope they are fun. 

We have our inner-city ward Christmas party tomorrow night.  We are supposed to dress like we live in Bethlehem.  It should be fun.  Today is the premier of the new Star Wars movie.  Travis and Tommy and Rilee are going.  We hope to see it on Christmas Eve.  (sorry Travis, but I think it's that good.)  The new Ron Howard movie about whaling sounds good, too.   Dennis and I are going out to dinner with Nebekers tonight.  I want to go to a real Middle Eastern Restaurant.  I am so annoyed by the graffiti and harassment the owners of Middle Eastern businesses have had in SLC recently.  The owners of the businesses are really scared.  No body should be scared to do honest business.   Something very troubling is happening to our society.  

Our laundry room is still being built.  It looks very nice.  Even pretty.  There was a delay in getting the sheet rock guy to finish, but he finally came.  That was my least favorite part.  The dust was awful.  We coughed a lot.  I know people think we are going through all this trauma over a little laundry room, but it's not a little room.  We've tried to make it open and useful for other projects and work: sewing, computer, exercise, tv, etc. 

We are all looking forward to our Christmas plans.  Danny and Jenni are going to the Bear Lake cabin with her family.  We are heading to California.  We will meet up with the Danny Currits here for New Year's Eve.  Danny will bless Finn Lorenzo here on New Year's Day.

Congratulations to Tommy and Rilee on the creation of a baby girl!  We are very excited and grateful to Rilee for all she is doing to bring a beautiful daughter into the world.

Travis comes Wednesday from Poland.  So glad to see him for two full weeks.  Alex is enjoying the sun in Tulum, Mexico.  We love that place.   He will also fly in on Wednesday.

Our family is growing.  We are glad about that.  We are grateful for the next generation and for all the sweetness and fun they bring to our lives.

Have an extraordinary week.

Love, Mom

Ginger Jackson is starring in the Metropolitan Opera "Barber of Seville" at the end of December.  Starring!  and it's one of our very favorite operas.  So wish I was in New York for a day.


No comments: