March 26, 2015
Spring is officially here and our weather decided to cool down. Thank goodness. We have had about three rain storms and could use many more.
I had to wait to blog until my head cold left. Dad and I got sick with a bad cold at the same time. (Who did this to us?) We have been exhausted and feeling crummy. But we're doing better now. I hope you are all well. Tyler's girls are getting over a strep infection. Be sure to treat that nasty stuff. It damages the kidneys and the heart if left untreated.
We heard some good job news from Rilee on Sunday. She has an offer from a start-up company in Farmington. I guess its a company that produces on-line training courses. She met them through her film company, and they came to her with a job offer. She will be doing their marketing and events planning. The first event she will coordinate will be in Chicago. Dennis has worked with this company before and said they are well known. Congratulations Rilee! We are pleased that it is a local company (with plenty of travel.)
Travis arrived in Warsaw yesterday. He felt like his trip to Hong Kong and Tokyo went well. He looked so slim and handsome in his photos. He loved Tokyo! It was a good contrast to Europe. He said the customer service was amazing. He loved the food and the city. I'm sure he has a lot of interesting things to say about it.
Alex is very busy and feeling the pressure. It's almost unbelievable how much pressure there is to publish, work, write, research, teach in order to get a ph.d. I think the longest, coldest winter in history hasn't helped. I hope he and Travis can relax and enjoy their week together in May.
We get to see Ty, Dawn and the girls in a few weeks. I'm very excited. They are working hard and keeping up with the girls. Hopefully everyone is well and happy by now.
Big news from Seattle: Jak won the Pinewood Derby in his division. I saw his car that he was making. It looked like a good design to me. He narrowed down the front and took a lot of wood off in the front. It was fast! Maybe the wheels were really polished. Anyway, it's about time a Currit won!
Danny and Jenni are still looking at houses. It's a cruel market. The area and lifestyle are way to popular. For good reasons.
We have our own joys and problems. Dad is working on retirement. He might contract out some work for a few months with Solumina. He might have surgery the end of April on his throat. We are waiting for his appointment with the surgeon. We are still enjoying our time downtown. We are going to a wedding when we get back from California. A man we were assigned to teach two years ago is getting married. It's a long story, but one that is sweet to us. He is a Vietnam vet and has come back into full activity in the church. He has had a hard life due to post traumatic stress. We have watched him grow in faith and trust in the Lord. He and Dad have been home teaching together. He is marrying a woman they home teach! It's never too late for love and joy. We love them both and are so excited to be invited to their wedding in the Salt Lake Temple. Their daughters on both sides are planning a party after at the church. Dennis and Bill home taught Tuesday night. Bill made the appointments. When they visited Janna, his fiancé, he greeted her with a kiss, then kissed her goodbye when they were done. Great home teaching.
Everyone in our family has many blessings and some big challenges. I'm impressed that we need to pray for each other. I don't think I've ever formed a prayer that wasn't answered, eventually, sometimes surprisingly. Sometimes I have had to make some painful changes in myself to realize the answer to my prayers. Our blessings are real and our problems are serious. We can alter the course of our lives and bless our loved ones through prayer. Life will always present us with conflicts, losses and trials. It can be rough. But wonderful. For Dad and I, you are the part of the wonderfulness.
Love, Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment