Today is Jenni's Birthday. She is kayaking all day in Seattle, through the locks and somehow ending up at gasworks. Sounds like fun.! Have a wonderful birthday!
Dawn and doing well. She looks beautiful. She and Tyler are trading beds around and getting things ready for little Ivy. We anticipate that all will go well. Laurel and Lilah are darling. Laurel is going to preschool and loves it. Her preschool is the kind where the parents volunteer. Laurel and some of the others cry when it's time to leave. Lilah is independent and playful. She talks all the time and seems to really like her grandpa and grandma.
Alex and Brynna are settling into school and work. Brynna looks forward to graduating at the end of this coming summer.
Rilee and Tommy are busy, too, with work and school. Fortunately they have laundry so we get to see them now and then.
Travis and Agata are very busy. I think Travis has picked up some translation work, along with his own writing and research. Agata is taking driving lessons. There is a new highway built from Warsaw to Lodz which moves along nicely, I hear.
Danny is working hard and flying each week to San Francisco for meetings.
Dennis is framing windows in the back bedroom. We are trying to turn ugly into pleasant and maybe even beautiful. I just want to be able to sew in there and to clean up the chaos. Who knows, you might like staying in that room someday. ( I picture Barbara visiting.)
What am I doing? Walking and enjoying it. My legs are doing better and the weather is so sweet. The beautiful long shadows of autumn and cool nights are here. Too bad it's weather on the way to winter. It is gorgeous.
Soon we will have a new granddaughter. We are very excited. It's been a weird and challenging year for us here in Sandy, but one full of great memories. Dad is getting impatient with his ankle, but is healing nicely anyway.
I just made many, many jars of pickled peppers and vegies. I hope they taste good. Apparently produce has intense flavors this year due to the many days of sunshine. We'll see what these plump, huge jalepenos taste like. I also made elderberry jelly and crabapple jelly, and a new invention: crabapple/elderberry jello (my personal favorite.) Come visit. Eat english muffins with jelly and scrambled eggs with pickled jalepenos with me.
We don't know what the holidays will be like: Thanksgiving and Christmas. One thing at a time. We do know that we cherish you all and miss you a lot! Keep up the good work and hopefully we'll see you soon.
Love, Mom
1 comment:
that's crabapple/elderberry jelly. I don't know where the "o" came from. Although that sounds good, too. We never had jello in Poland.
Post a Comment