This was on the news this morning: if you see school-bus size debris falling from the sky, DUCK! Good advice, eh?
My aunt Von is here visiting. She looks great! She has a new attitude. She decided Uncle Alma wouldn't want her to be sad and waste away. He would want her to be happy. She doesn't even use a cane. She is full of jokes and sunshine and is very spry. She nearly died this winter (her heart stopped in surgery in Hawaii.) She couldn't do her rehab because of her arthritis. She ended up doing water aerobics all summer and looks great and moves great. She's decided to live and move forward. I didn't think she would ever recover from all she went through. Now she says that she feels robbed of her visit to Hawaii and plans on going back. Life is worth living, and I'm glad to have her back and happy.
Danny and Jenni and boys are going to Bear Lake to have a Christensen reunion with Michael who is returning from a mission to Georgia. What a great time of year for a road trip! They will be there around Oct. 5.
Grandma and Papa Herb are supposed to visit tomorrow afternoon. I hope they survive the drive. We look forward to seeing them. There was talk of doing Thanksgiving at Grandma's on November 11. She thought it would be easier for everyone. We pointed out the lack of vacation days surrounding that date. I don't know what will happen. Alex and Rilee can't come. They will be in Ithaca, New York, presenting papers at Cornell. If Dennis and I go, we would like to stay longer than two days. Okay, that's all I know about that. Dawn's folks, George and Sheri, are coming to Utah for official Thanksgiving.
I haven't talked to Travis and Agata recently. I miss them. Hopefully they are well and happy.
Dennis is running 5 miles now. He loves it. I'm feeling a lot better. I'm lucky to have found a doctor who knew what I needed to do. It made for a slightly unproductive summer, but I did manage to have a lot of fun. I have such good memories of this summer. I'm glad Alex and Brynna have beautiful wedding photos. Everything happened so fast.
We love you all.
Love, Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment