Hi dear Family,
We miss you all. We have had wonderful times this summer seeing everyone. It's been great. We did it! we got Alex and Brynna married and all of the brothers and families were there. What a beautiful wedding and good memories. Rilee, Tommy, Dennis and had a last late breakfast at Lucille's in Ft. Collins. It was a nice finish to the Colorado part of the wedding. Thanks everyone for all of your help here at home setting up for our party. I think it turned out great. Travis and Agata were invaluable.
Jenni and I had a good trip to Langely, B.C. to attend a Suzuki School. I enjoyed the boys and Jenni, and met some fun people. It was good to be back in Canada. So good. Travelling with Jenni is a lot of fun. If anyone can talked a closed business into selling her a pie and then smuggle it across the border, it's Jenni.
This week was Barbara's birthday. I talked to Travis and Agata and she was visiting them in Warsaw. Happy Birthday, Barbara! Their apartment was nice. They are enjoying it. They are right by the Warsaw Zoo and the hospital. I read "The Zookeeper's Wife". It was all about the Warsaw Zoo. I miss Travis and Agata so much. They have an adventure ahead, making new friends and finding work.
Rilee graduates from BYU this Friday. I am very pleased that this day has come (due to a LOT of hard work, especially this summer.) The graduation will be small, in the Kennedy Center. That's always nice. It's also Rilee's birthday this month.
The family reunion was nice. The people were amazing. I couldn't get over the graciousness and goodness of the family there. They are beautiful people. I wish we all could have gone. And they are very talented cooks. It was impossible to not overeat.
Danny finished with a personal new record time in his Mt. Rainier 50 miler. (It had a name. I forget...) He enjoyed the race and had speed at the end. It sounded like a beautiful course to run. I think he and Jenni have a quieter month planned for August. Is there such a thing? We miss them and their boys. Did I tell you how hard those boys worked at Suzuki camp? They tried so hard to be patient and to cope and learn and perform. It was intense.
Tommy and Alex and Danny have planted gardens this summer. So has Dawn. They are all enjoying their successes, especially their tomatoes. I'm glad to have gardeners in the family.
Alex and Brynna are in California with Brynna's family. They have been enjoying the beach. They will be home this weekend. At least that's the plan.
I've ended up spending the last few weeks in physical therapy for my back which ended up not being my back, but a jammed hip flexor muscle pushing on my sciatic nerve. Apparently the therapy calls for beating the muscle into submission. How this happened I do not know. It usually happens to cyclist, rowers, and runners. I have no advice on it. Just don't let it happen to you.
Dawn and Tyler are planning a drive to Arizona to see her ailing mom and stepdad. I hope that goes well. Dawn misses her mom and worries about her, but it's a long drive to the middle of nowhere and back. It's probably better done than just worried about. I don't think her mom can come see her any more. Dawn is working a few hours a week. Tyler has been busy with the big outdoor convention in SLC. The girls are doing great and want to play outside most of the time.
Well, I'm just about worn out. I hope you are all well and happy and good to each other.
Love, Mom
2 comments:
Beautiful photos! Good times! Your yard looks great! Tommy looks exactly like Dad.
~Danny
you are the best!you take the best pictures.i love you!!!!!!
~jakson~
You're awesome!
ollie
Post a Comment