Search This Blog

Friday, July 02, 2010

Happy Fourth of July

July 2, 2010

Hi to all out there. I can't get my pictures posted on this yet, but I will keep trying. Something is wrong between picasa and blog. How is everyone doing? I have had a marvelous two weeks. I went to girls camp by Price, Utah. It was, on all levels, a fun party. The day after I returned home, Dad and I flew to Seattle. Danny and Jenni ran in the Rock and Roll Marathon the next day. What an event! The race was in downtown Seattle, mostly on the viaduct and other trails. Danny was placed in the elite runners, just behind the Kenyans. He placed 53rd out of a field of over 4,000 runners. His name was on the front page of the Seattle Times on Sunday! Jenni finished happily after run-walking the half marathon. She looked great! Ollie ran out to meet her and ran to the finish line with her. Danny was pretty wasted when he finished. I think we figured out what the salt packets were for on the race tables. But we went to a noodle house on King Street and revived him. The kids walked for a long time and put up with the huge crowds. It was a lot of fun. Later in the week Jak showed us Discovery Park where he went to preschool. He knew it well, even the trees. We loved seeing it and hiking through it. We had a lot of fun playing with the kids and visiting with Danny and Jenni. Seattle weather was cool. We like that. Utah is hot and dry now. It's supposed to cool off for the 4th a little.

If anyone has heard from Travis, tell him Hi from me. He is travelling to Berlin this weekend. I hope it all goes well. And how is Agata's research coming? I think she should write a book with photos and brief notes about her research. I would like that.

Tommy and Rilee are going to Idaho Falls for the holiday. We might see them tonight.

Well, back to the neglected housework. We are barbecuing with the neighbors at the Kaz house tomorrow night. You are all invited.

Love, Mom

No comments: