Search This Blog

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Hey! Why no posts?

We need to re-vitalize this thing. I hesitate to write because I never do anything interesting! I could keep you posted on the goings-on at work but that would even bore me. Sadly, the biggest event on the horizon is that I turn 60 in December. This is causing me to re-think my life plan. At this point, retirement no longer seems like an abstract concept but like something that may really happen. Kind of have mixed feelings about that. Not sure what I would do if I didn't go to work, that sort of thing. On the other hand, I am enjoying having quite a bit of vacation and a little free money to enjoy it.

This year has been quite a year. I had to travel quite a bit the first part of the year. Fortunately, I was able to talk Jo into joining me on two of those trips. Combine those with the trips to Washington and the trip to Colorado and it has been quite a year. And that doesn't even count the addition of Milo and, soon, Lila and Dawn and Ty's wedding. Yes, it was quite a year.

Jo and I are really enjoying Netflix now that we can watch the streaming video on our TV. We find there are very few things we watch on network television now. Unfortunately, we can't watch Hulu and nbc.com over our Roku device. I am still trying to figure out the best way to get an inexpensive computer to hook up to the TV to watch those shows on. Not really necessary, but it would be nice. For now, we have Tommy's Mac that we watch those shows on. If any of you find something on Netflix streaming that you really like, post suggestions on the blog. Thanks.

No comments: