Search This Blog

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Waiting

Aug. 23, 2009

Does that date sound familiar to anyone? Did you know that most babies are born on their due date? Do you believe that? (Alex was) Or do most parents and doctors just not know the babies' due dates.......

Alex, Tommy and Rilee should be leaving Washington tomorrow. It will be good to see them. they have had a wonderful time. How was the wedding?

Dad and I attended the Oquirrh Mtn. Temple dedication this morning. The weather cooled off from 101 degrees and it rained. It was a very nice morning. Now we have a long, peaceful afternoon and evening.

I planted spaghetti squash. Tommy says it's only squash he really likes. I think I have twenty or more in the garden. We all better like them. I always think it would be fun to have a Thanksgiving dinner from things we have grown or made during the year: spaghetti squash, crab apple jelly, Jenni's raspberry freezer jam, then put it all together, add rolls, a little meat, and have a true thanksgiving.

Dawn is feeling better. She is over the toxemia. The doctor said it was stress (and she was anemic). She is feeling and looking great. She says Lila kicks and turns all of the time. We can't wait to meet her.

Tyler is managing again. He is also serving and working a few more hours (but with less pressure). The schedule is pretty flexible, which helps with the baby coming.

I'm thinking about snow tires already. I'm going to get them this year. Remember last winter, Agata and Travis? I really need to enjoy Capitol Hill when we come and it's not snowing.

We love you all and remember so many good times this summer. Thanks for your efforts to come to the wedding. Each of you added so much! And thanks Barbara and Agata and Travis for coming to see us in July. I love you all.

Soon we will be in Seattle, hugging, laughing and playing with Oli and Jak and holding a new little baby. How fun.

Love, Mom

No comments: