Search This Blog

Friday, April 03, 2009

GOOD NEWS FROM SEATTLE

Congratulations to the Danny and Jenni Currit family on the miracle of producing another boy! We are very excited as we have some inside info and how fun it is to raise a pack of boys. Dennis and I enjoyed Oli and Jak so much when we visited. They couldn't be cuter. I feel the same way about families that have three girls in a row: it's amazing and you're in for something special.

We are gearing up for General Conference this weekend. It is always inspiring and enjoyable. And we all need the inspiration right now. Thanks everyone for having the courage to laugh and live through the ups and downs of life. Your faith and resiliency means a lot to me. It will all work out. Jenni, Danny and Agata (and boys, I imagine) had a "Celebrating Things That Suck" party the other night. They went to their favorite Giant Burrito Restaurant. Now that has style. I have enjoyed so much hearing Jenni's laughter on the phone, even though it was a very hard week or so in their lives. I know Agata is going through a tough time right now so far from her family and her cousin. We pray for him and hope that all goes well.

Travis has been sorting out his summer and fall plans and interviewing for a few things. He might be learning Russian this summer. I think he will find it useful someday. But it will be hard work. We are looking forward to seeing he and Agata in May. Hopefully we will be to Washington a few times this summer.

Tommy leaves on May 4 for New York City. He is coming home for the wedding. He is travelling with his friend Billy. Billy is doing his second internship in New York City. They will be living in the Columbia U. dorms. What a great adventure it will be!

Alex is going to Thailand with about nine students from the BYU and the U of U. He will be the go-to guy for the whole group. He will be able to be on line directly from the markets, so if you want anything, you can choose it yourself. He has worked out some great funding for the summer and will earn lots of college credits towards his minor degree.

Tyler and Dawn are enjoying watching Laurel crawl everywhere. They haven't officially baby-proofed yet, so they have to watch her every minute. The wedding plans are moving forward. Come what may, there will be an event on the 23rd of May. I'm sure it will be beautiful.

Dennis and I are reading lots of books and are still watching Joan of Arcadia. We look out the window a lot to see if the rain has turned to snow, or vice versa. We will be very glad to be out there gardening and visiting with neighbors. Dennis is feeling great. He had a kidney stone surgically removed this week. He was a little sore, but it went very well. That kidney stone is tiny! Like a tiny little fingernail clipping. It should have looked more like a boulder.

Grandma and Papa Herb called. They are still getting snow. She's got the gardening bug, too. It's been a long, cold winter for everyone.

Next week is Easter! That's right! Are you sure you don't want gorp this year? I will only buy candy is someone gives me some suggestions on what kind to buy (other than those styrofoam bunnies and peeps. I like those.)

Take good care everyone. Thanks for the New Yorker, Travis. I have laughed my way through the winter. The covers on that magazine are good artwork and a commentary in themselves.

I love you guys.

Mom

No comments: