Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

News From Utah

September 23, 2008

Tomorrow is Dawn's birthday. She and Tyler have the day off. It's been an exciting and eventful year and we wish her a very happy birthday. I've been able to tend Laurel a bit lately. She is so fun. She likes noise and people and calms down when there is a lot going on. Dawn and Tyler have done a wonderful job as parents.

Sunday night Alex had the misfortune to break his big toe. It was sort of dangling and twisted to the side. He went to Instacare Monday in Orem. They x-rayed it and said it was broken, and also that they couldn't set it. (why? I watch MASH. I don't get why they couldn't set it.) Anyway. Today he went to the orthopedist they referred him to. Seems simple, only it wasn't. His phone died. Someone parked behind him and trapped his car in the driveway. He tried to push it (a door was unlocked) and hurt his toe(s.) Out of desperation, he sat inside and tried to start it. It started without a key, and he moved it. (no explanation.) He found the clinic which ended up being a huge sports hospital. There was no parking. He parked on the next block and made it to the front entrance. He was informed by someone there that his doctor was on the other side of the building. He walked there. And found out they were exactly wrong. Later the same day he made it to the doctor's office. The doctor took an xray and said he had two broken toes. He numbed them and set the big one, taped them. I can't even imagine trying the push that car with broken toes. I'd say call him and wish him well, but there's that dead phone thing. Email if you get a chance. Alex says at least he has three good toes left on that foot.

Tommy flew to New York City on Sunday. He comes back this Sunday. I can't wait to hear about it. We took a carload of his friends to the airport on Saturday. I think we pick them up on Sunday. They are all staying in New Jersey in a house that apparently can easily accomodate them all.

Travis and Agata have probably started school. I loved the summer break and the time to see them and talk to them. I'm sure they will be very busy this Fall.

Danny and Jenni run the marathon is a couple of weeks. Good luck! I wonder if they will keep running.

Dad and I have enjoyed our summer. The garden has produced many many tomatoes. I meant to send green ones home with Agata. We have five or six or more giant warty pumpkins. The garden is a miracle we enjoy each year.

Happy birthday to Dawn! Many of my good memories of this last year include Dawn and the events surrounding Laurel's birth. We have enjoyed meeting her parents and visiting with them.
We are so glad to have her in our family.

Take care everyone. We love you so much!

2 comments:

jo said...

Alex's phone does work to receive calls and texts. It doesn't work well to call out on. He's doing better and enjoying his flat velcro shoe.

Danny said...

Happy Birthday Dawn!